Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update on Farm Life




LOL, I need to post pics of Little Roo, he is too cute, well except for the fungal infection on his beak. That is sad but I've not been able to find out what to do yet. Until then he gets a bucket of food to eat out of. The other birds are quite perturbed that they don't. Haha. Big Roo has really taken Little Roo under his wing. They came with a hen and Blondie is the hen I had put down, very sad. So now I'm having to fight to keep Little Roo on his feet. I love farm life and all my babies but DO NOT think it's easy. WOW, I have a family it just all live outside. LOL

Today Henni Penni (hen) and my white guinea got INTO it throught the fence. How stupid??? Over HP putting her head through the fence to get some seed. Now I do understand because HP has plenty of feed all over the yard and she is stealing from the guineas. LOL. I tried to break them up and NOPE, I was not successful. So Rowdy stepped into the fight, quite literally and they scattered. LOL. Rowdy-Mator is my man!!! LOL. Lucy the goose is slowly losing her place as Queen of the yard.

Rowdy has his own barn that Lucy has kind of taken over. The goats sleep in 2 of their 3 houses so Rowdy took their extra house. LOL. Next big project out there is building a real goat barn so they have feeding stalls. They argue while they eat and play musical feed buckets. The one who gets the most feed is whoever is more aggressive that day. It's not going to be such a big deal because my aunt Brenda is going to take Tiny Tim and she kind of wants Molly B and of course we said yes, Our goats are from Brenda. So we asked if she would also take Yuletide because she is so attached to Molly B (her mommy) and she isn't so fond of people. I don't think she would adjust well being apart. So that will leave me with Baby Sara Jayne, Oreo and Lexington Noel. That would be a good mix PLUS Rowdy likes Oreo, they are the best of friends. LOL.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...