Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Maybe It's Because I'm NOT A Parent?

OK, so perhaps because I'm not a parent I see things in a different light? I have seen child abuse!!! I know there is sometimes a fine line in that area because of people's differences in to spank or not to spank, etc. My parents believed in the "spare the rod spoil the child". LOL. I had my share of a good spanking and I'm alive to tell it. On the other hand, I have seen extreme child abuse be justified by the same scripture.

I have seen children that never received a spanking but were givin time out. I had my of being grounded from my books or music. I am not against discipline in children, BUT, and notice that is a BIG but.

Where on the scale of discipline/abuse is locking a four year old in a room all day? For playing in the mud when they were told not too? No toys only books. The lock was on the OUTSIDE of the bedroom door and the kids were placed in the room as "time out" for hours. They scream, cry, beg for their parents to come, bang on the door, etc. It was very disturbing to me on so many levels. Personally I believe it is a form of emotional abuse, then the child is called a jerk and treated terribly because he is out of control. After workign with him for 4 days he is so hungry for attention and to be controlled. It breaks my heart because from the outside in I could view the fact that the parents didn't know what to do and had no control so they ignore it.

Remember kids will be kids and stop abuse!!! Please, the child didn't ask their parents to conceive and give birth to them, so don't take out your frustrations and anger on a helpless child. That child ONLY KNOWS what YOU have taught them. If they act out they are learning from their parents how to act. I frustrates me to no end to see a child receive discipline for their behavior and watch the parent exhibit the same behavior they chastise their kids for.

Remember those little eyes are watching you and if you show alot of anger and disrespect so will they. Their biggest examples live with them day in and day out!!!!

So don't blame your kids misbehavior on others, take responsibility and grow up. They need you to show them the godly way to live and act and you can't expect them to be something you aren't showing them.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...