Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu

YUCK!!! LOL, it just sounds gross.

Well, since it's ALL over the radio this morning I figured I would put in my 2 cents worth. It's hilarious to me that it is like SHOCKER, we need to stay home if we are sick AND wash our hands. HELLO!!! Do you know if we did these things we would probably all stay well alot more of the time. It has always been a bit of a pet peeve for me, I guess, people that bring their kids out in public when it is very obvious just looking at them that they are VERY sick. Do you know how infectious their coughs and drool is???

I worked for a dentist office in my teens, other than our family restuarant it was my first real job and I enjoyed it. I didn't care for having to sterilize instrutments, because you accidentally get poked we had vaccinations we had to take. OUCH!!! But I enjoyed the rest of it. However one of the training classes we went too did a black light germ project. With some kind of black light and I think they sprayed something, can't remember for sure. Regardless, just us sitting there breathing was sending our "germs" all over the room, someone coughed and GROSS!!! Yeah it was a good sized room and we all got to see their germs up close and personal. They were stressing the importance of always gloving and masking up, when HIV was present to double or triple for our protection.

So as we gear up for the Swine flu I have to wonder if people will be too stubborn to be careful. Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, walk away from people who are coughing. It could be allergies but what if it's not??? If I don't get sick I will thank you all. LOL. If I do I will hunt down the one who got me sick. LOL. We have so many illnesses now that are very contagious and those of us with weak immune systems pick up everything. I can't imagine what a flu like this would do to someone like my Dad.

It stinks I was wanting to take a vacation to Bandera soon but I might wait until the Swine flu fades and then go. My understanding is it's like 40 minutes from San Antonio.

~~~~~EDIT~~~~~

Chantry was trying out a chat online to see what is up with it and was linked to someone in China that was asking about the Swine Flu. LOL. It's in their papers that we intentionally caused this in Mexico so that it would come into our country and kill off our unemployed. LOL, I'm a little confused as to how this would only kill unemployed people. Smart Flu. Sorry it's too funny.

~~~~~EDIT~~~~~

LOL, this whole Swine Flu is serious I know but it's cracking me up how serious it is. **sidenote: I'm the person that laughs when you hurt yourself, I can't help it, scare me and I crack up laughing** Mom just called me and she had missed a call and it went to her voicemail. It was from a health care group and it was an automated message about **drum roll please** the Swine Flu, telling you what it is, where it came from and the precautions everyone needs to be taking. Europe is telling people to stop travel into the USA and Mexico. If I get it I'm not going to find it so funny, but it amazes me... I'm sure there will be more to come soon.

Well we figured out why Mom keeps getting this overload of Swine Flu info. It's because she is a volunteer for the Texas Dept of Health or something like that. If you ever watch the training video they use to help with diaster training, watch for my Mom and my Aunt Susan. LOL. They got to get all fixed up to look injured and were a part of the video shoot. So between the TDofH and CDC and Red Cross we are well informed concerning the Swine Flu. LOL. It probably is bad but it just seems like such overkill to me. The emails we are getting are full of terrifying things that I'm not seeing yet. So I guess if we keep being careful, hopefully we will all be OK, if not STAY HOME!!!!! Please!!!!!

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...