Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kansas with Friends

Well, we had a good time in Kansas, the kids are adorable!!! Marissa is the sweetest little thing. Jacob is too cute, he has eyes that dance with excitment. Then, WOW Jonathan is a whirlwind!!! He is a redhead tried and true. LOL. He is one mischievous little boy. He was on the toilet last night and called to his Mommy for help, it took her a while to get to him. Stephanie was on the couch and had glanced down the hall and SURPRISE, a shiny hiney was climbing OUT FROM UNDER the sink, OK, just thinking it about it has us crying tears again, it was so hilarious. There was "you know what" EVERYWHERE, could you pass me a tissue, Misty screamed a screaching scream when she walked in there that just made me laugh harder.

Jonathan didn't want us to leave. He had been being bad and jokingly Misty said I could take Jonathan home with me. Well, this morning I was packing all my stuff up and he came downstairs and was "keeping me company" (translated being in the way, LOL) he informed us he was going home with us. It took some fancy talking to convince him his Mom was being silly. We had lunch with them and Jonthan sat between me and Stephanie and tried to convince me I could live somewhere that isn't my house. He enjoyed having our attention, I would take him to the store and we bought cookies and ice cream cones. LOL. So yeah, I'm quite popular in his world. LOL.

We went to 2 churches today and they were as different as daylight and dark. One prayed such angry sounding prayers, demanding God do this or that but there was not much spirit there, it felt so empty. I learned alot about how I don't want to be. It was a world different from my church, my church believes in a God of Love, this church was serving a God that must be angry. The comments that were made caused me to cringe, it made me really sad to see people so caught up it that. One such comment was concerning people coming in and being scared of their worship (which would make my Pastor restart his series on worship) their feelings were if the worship scared them they don't belong there and aren't hungry for God. I sat there with so many things running through my head. I didn't realize how much has changed for me in how I view church, worship, music, prayer, etc. We were driving to their outreach prayer service and we were just talking about church and things we've recently done and I had commented on how we have been doing a Celebration Sunday where we take communion on the first Sunday of the month and everyone brings food and we have a time of fellowship after the service and there is no evening service. I was sharing how there are people that normally wouldn't come to a Pentecostal service but will come in order to share the meal with us. I think that is neat because even if they come for the food they still hear the truth during the service. I think it's a great way to encourage people to come out. My friend informed me rather rudely that that is the exact reason they will never do that. Her Pastor believes that if they are coming for the food and not the service he doesn't want those kinds of people. I thought, how sad to be so caught up on such details as to decide what kind of people you want in that way. God can save people in all kinds of ways, and from all walks of life. Our standards aren't going to save us. It kind of made me sad because I would sit and politely listen to their rather harsh ways and when it came up in conversation about my church they would so openly give their opinions. It really was getting to me. I was ready to head out of town today. I'm sure as I process all of this I'll be writing alot more on this subject.

Then tonight we were in Olathe at Bro. Riggen's and it was youth night, the youth had the whole service and it was such the opposite from this morning. It was like going back in time to our worship services growing up. People were worshipping with their whole hearts, running and dancing and jumping. They sang No Weapon Will Form Against Me and the power of God just so much closer. I am shy so I don't join in with much worship when visiting churches, but I was standing there and chills were running down my back and tears just started pouring down my face, I glanced over at Stephanie to see what she was doing and she had tears pouring down her cheeks. Bro Riggen got up and was talking about how we can't look at the problem we have to keep our eyes on the problem solver and He has the war fare weapons and will step in and fight for us and WE WILL WIN!!!! Then a couple of the young guys preached on Faith and the prayer service and we were out at 8pm. LOL. We got in the car and Stephanie said "you know I kept thinking I wish I was bold cause I wanted to jump", I agreed with her and we discussed the Power that was in that service. As I was standing there singing and clapping and praying, I was watching them run and shout and I wanted too so bad but I was so scared to do so, I told Stephanie I kept thinking if they don't stop I'm going to just explode inside. I walked away with a smile on my face, what a difference!!!

So now I'm sitting here in my hotel room and we had Taco Bell and played a game now I'm listening to the new choir songs, which I'm really stoked about. My old choir used Mark Condon's music, where it breaks down the parts and gives you all the info. I was very excited to go on to download our new music and the song was split into our parts. That is so awesome because I enjoy really listening to my part (soprano) and practicing all the little details. So when we go to practice we are ready and it flows much easier because we pretty much have it together and then hopefully we can focus more on harmony.

Tomorrow I plan on sleeping late, we have a bed each and the A/C is going and loud. There will be no children above us screaming and crying and banging on their door which was locked from the outside to keep them in at 5am, no crying babies at 4am. Hopefully we can really get some sleep, then up and I have to get my oil changed before we leave town and then I'll be home in my king sized Sleep Comfort bed!!! These full beds are very small, I don't think I would be able to sleep on a twin. LOL. I am very spoiled to my HUGE bed. I love it. Well, I'm going to start reading my new book, we bought, Mary Higgins Clark, Take My Heart and Carol Higgins Clark, Cursed, it's a Regan Reilly Mystery, I love them!!!! LOL, Stephanie just dropped her book she is ASLEEP!!!

2 comments:

GT said...

Wow! So going out if town makes you thankful sometimes doesnt it?

Such an awesome service last night...and of course we missed you this whole weekend. Pastor felt like the Lord wanted to heal. Im praying and believing your dad was touched!
Back to your post. Ya know those legalistic no mercy types fail to remember that Jesus *often* healed saved and delivered people without strings. He loved sinners and won them many times with mercy and grace.

I guess we have to be careful not to jusge the judgers? Huh?

Taniss said...

Man, you would never believe it if I laid it out minute by minute. Thankfully last night I had driven a couple of hours away and gone to another church and they had an awesome service, also. I had a good time but WOW, I found myself very thankful!!! I hate having filter each word I say and trying to tiptoe around people adn their very demanding rules. I love my friends regardless and it's hard knowing a wrong step could and would end a life long friendship.

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...