Thursday, April 30, 2009

More on the Swine Flu!!!

I just got back from taking Bethany to school this morning. Schools were like graveyards. No traffic AT ALL. Word has it as soon as TAKS are over they may shut down through next week. We'll see. The buses were almost empty so Bethany and I decided that perhaps the only kids coming to school were those taking tests. Bethany's friend went home early yesterday because she was experiencing flu symptoms. There were other kids sick also. So I'm sure we'll hear something today. They have been sending home letters getting everyone up to date on their status. It's so crazy. Melanie is very sick and she and Mom were just in Dallas working in "Little Mexico" area at a store. So my Mom is freaking out. That is how my Mom is. I'm not concerned about it too much. I'm going to stay home, just because it is spreading so fast. It's amazing how they are being able to track it down to who gave it to who. LOL.

Last night Walmart was not as busy as usual. LOL. So now not only Cleburne is closed but Ft Worth Schools also. Soooooo, here is a bit of what Mom is getting in her THD/CDC First Responder emails. They are saying to not panic, don't over-react just make sure you wash your hands ALOT and stay 6 feet away from people in public settings.

My family has thought about it. Half of us are sick with something (I'm not but I'm taking vitamins like there is no tomorrow) so we have made the decision to stay home!!! I have to go out either tonight or tomorrow and get a Wii and Monitor for Gavin's birthday. Can we say spoiled??? Memaw and Grandad are getting him a Wii and a monitor is my gift to him. His whole family will love it but I won't feel guilty about bringing mine home. LOL. I haven't needed it so far but eventually I would and Gavin always asks me if I'm taking it and he gets very happy when I say no. LOL. We were going to take him to dinner and Toys R Us first but because of the Swine Flu we are going to play it safest and postpone our trip.

Sudden onset Swine flu symptoms; How serious?

Following are some common and less common Swine flu symptoms as well as signs of serious Swine flu complications that require immediate medical attention.

More common Swine flu symptoms

General influenza symptoms including:
Fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue,
Diarrhea and vomiting has been associated with Swine flu

Serious Swine flu symptoms
In children emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:
* Fast breathing or trouble breathing
* Bluish skin color
* Not drinking enough fluids
* Not waking up or not interacting
* Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
* Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
* Fever with a rash
In adults, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:
* Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
* Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
* Sudden dizziness
* Confusion
* Severe or persistent vomiting

Pneumonia and respiratory failure have been associated with Swine flu as have other complications.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...