Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yard is Quiet!!!!!!!

Well, things have slowed down on the farm. LOL. I actually did my late night walkthrough when I got home from church tonight. All the mommies and babies were sleeping, chickens were all bedded down for the night, guess they forgave Rowdy. Henny Penny and Sweetie Pie were giving Rowdy what for when I left for church, they were none to happy because Rowdy was eating the hay out of their nesting boxes in the barn. LOL. I couldnt' understand them but I'm sure they were saying unlady like things from the sqwaks and clucks they were sending Rowdy's way. LOL. He has a whole thing of hay but it is out in the cold. LOL. The yard was so quiet for the first time in days, it feels like years. Even Billy was being a good boy, he is either climbing or jumping into Rowdy's territory. Not sure why, unless he just likes sleeping in the barn rather than with the girls.

Tonight I was rubbing Rowdy down and Billy walks up to me, I reached out and petted him. I don't know who was more shocked me or Hillbilly. LOL. He jumped and walked off but came right back and just stood next to me to be petted. Now if you knew Billy he is as skittish as they get, he isn't mean or anything. He just isn't real friendly. I think he may be jealous of Rowdy. LOL.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...