Tuesday, December 9, 2008

From 4 to 10 in three days.

Friday I looked at and bought a 5 year old miniature horse named Rowdy (he’s not really rowdy that I can see so far, LOL). The only time the guy could deliver him was Sunday morning. So I stayed home Sunday morning and they delivered my horse. That wasn’t the end of the day..

All day Sunday my goat Oreo had been acting really strange. I knew she was preggers but because we got the goats from Brenda and she lost her calendar in the move I had no idea when the goats were due. Well, Phantom “Hillbilly” started attacking Rowdy and I finally figured out it was because Oreo had a new baby. The second baby was breach and so after gloving up and trying for what seemed like forever and not being able to turn the baby I called the vet. By the way I’m VERY proud of myself for taking on a yucky task like that, I didn’t know I had it in me. LOL. The vet said meet him right away at the office. When we got there he was working on a dog. Finally he came out and got Oreo finally delivered the baby and the baby had a heartbeat, it finally started breathing and she is alive. She has a lot of issues, she is blind and hasn’t really figured out the whole drink a bottle thing yet. However she’s alive for now. Well, you would think that was enough excitement for one weekend??? NOPe

Yesterday I worked on getting Oreo and Lexington a place to stay. And Molly started acting weird, she had triplets yesterday about 3pm. So I had to quickly build another shelter for Molly and her three. Plus move a fence to separate Rowdy from the goats, I was afraid Rowdy would accidently step on a baby. He liked them, he smelled of them and seem to be fine but I was worried, so the fence is up.

Today Mom calls me all in a panic. Phantom HAS to go like Yesterday. LOL. Baby Sarah is in labor. I was like there is no way, she’s only 9 months old. Well about 5:30 today Sarah had her first baby. So life on a farm is interesting. I went from 4 goats to 10 in 3 days. Needless to say I’m tired and headed to bed early. We’ve had sleet and snow all evening. Biggest flakes I’ve ever seen. The winds blowing so hard it won’t be here come morning.

Hop you enjoyed this little peek into the farm. LOL.

Taniss

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...