Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Poem - Given by Guy Doud

I give you the impression that I’m secure. That all is sunny and unruffled with me, within as well as without, that confidence is my name, that coolness is my game. I’m in charge I’m in command. I need no one.
But don’t believe me. My surface may seem smooth, but my surface is my mask. My ever varying, my ever concealing mask and beneath it lies the real me. I’m in confusion. I feel lonely. I hurt. But I don’t tell you this. I’m afraid to. I’m afraid that if I tell you you’ll know who I really am you’ll think less of me and you’ll reject me. And so I go on playing my game my never ending, never varying game and my life becomes a front. I’d really like to be genuine and spontaneous, me, but you got to help me. You got to reach out to me even if that’s the last thing that I seem to want or need. You know a lifetime of worthlessness builds strong walls that I’m told that love is stronger than strong walls. Please beat down my walls with firm hands, but with gentle hands, because the child within is very sensitive.
Who am I? Who am I, you may wonder? I am someone you know very well for I am every man and every woman that you’ll ever meet.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...