Monday, May 18, 2009

Ruby's Birthday Party

Here are pics of the weekend in Athens with my "sister" Ruby. This chica is my bestest!!! I do love my friend!!! She turned 30 last weekend so I was out there this weekend throwing her a birthday party and hanging out. It was a blast!!! I'll write more about the weekend tomorrow. Katie and I, Katie is my littlest cousin

Ruby opening her presents. Her youngest daughter Kaitlyn is helping. A sidenote, I helped name Kaitlyn. LOL. What can I say? Oh, if you need help I only charge a small thinking fee.
My Katie Kate Kate and Kaitlyn


The guests are arriving!!!!


It's been awhile since I was that tired. My poor gimpy ankle was HUGE.


Me and Ruby cheezin' for hte camera!! When you see us together you should be afraid, very afraid. LOL. We can cook up major trouble, just ask poor Chuck.

OK, I'm not mad I was really trying to figure out what to do with a huge platter with fat from the brisket. Ruby and I made our first ever brisket and I have to say it turned out well. Everyone raved about it!!! Yeah Us. LOL.

I was cooking the corn tortillas for our Chicken Enchilada's. Oh they were so good. We turned out to be very good cooks. LOL. Even had Guacamole from scratch. I made some Pico. Aren't you proud of me???

This is our brisket when it first began to cook. Do you know we were supposed to have a "teacher" the sweet Miss Daisy but she wasn't around so we had to fly by the seat of our pants and it turned out great. Chuck bragged and bragged about his Dad's great briskets. His Dad told us (without us asking for it, LOL) that we had cooked a great brisket. I was so proud. Ruby cracked up at the look on my face.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...