Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I HATE abuse!!!

So I received an email from my Mom today that broke my heart. She had forwarded me a email she had received from a friend that lives out of the country. This friend has a friend in Houston Texas that is in a abusive situation and fears for her life and the life of her daughter. Her husband is very abusive and it has escalated out of control. The only people they know in Texas is my family. They were appealing to us for help.

Ok, I HATE abuse, I can not stress the hate I have towards it and the people who are abusive. I have seen this in members of my extended family. There is no reason for it other than men who have NO control over themselves and there for feel a need to control others with their anger. I've never lived in this situation, I have great parents and can't imagine the trauma of an abusive relationship.

It sickens me to hear women that have been abused say they can't leave their abuser because they "love them". No you don't love him, he has control over you and has learned how to victomize you into believing you deserve what he is doing to you. You are better than that. I am crying for a woman I do not even know, I've never been abused and I am terrified of what if I end up in that type of relationship. My Mom assures me I won't but these women probably thought they wouldn't either.

I know what it is like to be visiting in someone elses home and see them be hit by their spouse over leaving a package of cheese out of the fridge overnight. I'll be honest I hate that person, God help me I do. I remember seeing a relative that was engaged be pushed and shoved around in front of the whole family while my grandmother lay dying in the back room. I have seen children with the marks from abuse on their body and no one did anything. I recall an instance at church during choir practice seeing a man jerk and hit a child and I'll never forget and I'll always regret the fact that the leadership in our church made me feel guilty for wanting to turn that man in.

Just because you pay your bills on time does not make you a good person. An abuser is an abuser. Every time I hear people raise their voice or threaten their family my blood boils. I hate abuse!!!!!!!

I don't know what the answer is. I can't sleep my mind is racing trying to come up with an answer. I wish I had a place (other than my house) where I could help them.

I have big dreams and they will probably never happen but... I dream of having a place where I can help battered women and their families. So many oppurtunities and I have no way of helping them. I wish I could take in all the battered women in the world and impower them with the knowledge they deserve better. They are a beautiful human being and they deserve the best.

If you see someone that is in an abusive relationship, there isn't anything you can do to force an adult out but don't let the kids stay in that. Do your part, I am not in the position to do so right now, but even if I remain single or if I marry I've always had the desire to adopt children. If I don't marry in a few years when I am financially more settled I intend to foster children. I've always had that desire in my heart. Growing up people thought I was crazy but I really don't care anymore. I have different dreams from alot of people but I know God has placed things in my heart it's just a time of waiting for me.

I know people read my blog from time to time and if you know someone or someplace that helps battered women PLEASE let me know. I can only pray that someday I can do my part and help someone like I should have helped people in the past.

Let the women and sometimes it's the men know that they don't have to live with abuse, get out there is an awesome life waiting outside of that prison they live in.

Prayer for All Who Are Abused

You chose, O loving God,to enter this worldquietly, humbly, and as an outcast.Hear our prayerson behalf of all who are abused:

For children,who suffer at the handsof parents whom they trust and love;for spouses,beaten and destroyedby the very onewho promised to loveand to cherish them forever;for all peopleignored, hated and cheated.by the very neighborwho could be the closest oneto offer your love.

Hear the cry of the oppressed.Let the fire of your Spirit fill their heartswith the power of vision, and hope.Grant to them empowerment to act,that they may not be passive victimsof violence and hatred.Fulfill for them the promises you have made,that their lives may be transformedand their oppression ended.

Turn the hearts of the oppressor unto youthat their living may be changedby your forgiving love;and their abusive actionsand oppressive ways brought to an end.

Amen.
~Vienna Cobb Anderson

Dear Mr. Jesus, I just had to write to you
Something really scared me, when I saw it on the news
A story 'bout a little girl beaten black and blue
Jesus, thought I'd take this right to you

Dear Mr. Jesus, I don't understand
Why they took her mom and dad away
I know that they don't mean to hit with wild and angry hands
Tell them just how big they are I pray
Please don't let them hurt your children
We need love and shelter from the storm
Please don't let them hurt your children
Won't you keep us safe and warm

Dear Mr. Jesus, they say that she may die
Oh I hope the doctors stop the pain
I know that you could save her and take her up to the sky
So she would never have to hurt again
Please don't let them hurt your children..

Dear Mr. Jesus, please tell me what to do
And please don't tell my daddy
But my mommy hits me, too.
Please don't let them hurt your children

This is real people and it's just not right. In the small town I live in we had a situation where a mentally disabled lady tried to drown her small child in the tub. CPS had been called out several times and neighbors knew that she didn't always feed her kids and yet it took trying to drown him before anyone got serious. I also know CPS as we know it now is in sad shape but it takes people being active and standing up for those that have no voice and people in abuse have no voice. They are scared and hurting. They have been abused for so long they believe they deserve what they are getting, that their children need Mommy or Daddy, but in the long run that other parent will drag the kids down also. I had that belief at one time that parents should stay together for the kids. I don't anymore no Dad or Mom is better than an abusive one. That goes for Physical, Mental, Emotional, etc. Get kids out of that and into relationships with people that will be positive influences on them.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...