Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Scare!!!

What a scare I had today. Since I've been sick I've not been going anywhere. Saturday morning Mom came in and asked to use my car so she wouldn't have to stop and get gas and also mine was behind hers. Sunday morning she pulled my car in the yard and took hers to church.

Sooooo, I go out this morning to go to work and my car won't start. Mom took me to work and picked me up and I worried all day about what could be wrong.

Got home and still wouldn't start it tried too but didn't every really start. Someone said the starter went out, maybe. Someone else the fuel pump. So I went home being the woman I am and since no men could tell me the problem I went online looking for a solution. So I ran across several forums where they were talking about flooding out an Altima. So I ran out and told my Dad perhaps it was flooded. He and his buddy that was here said, no if it was flooded this am it would be fine by now. I kept telling them what I was reading but I'm just a female so I obviously know NOTHING. Ha!!! So I went back in and kept reading more about it, one person, probably some female like me, LOL, asked what to do and asked that he explain it in detail. The tech did so on this forum, explaining how far to push down the peddle and how long to keep trying, etc. He also noted that they might check their fuses.

So with this new bit of knowledge I went to the kitchen and told my Dad we were goign out to check fuses. I had no clue but I got my flashlight and I was ready to go (I was getting desperate) he griped complained and basically said it was a waste of time and I was going to have to come to terms with the fact I was going to have to pay a tow company to haul my car to the mechanic. I was panicing, there is no money for something big, so I was saying silent prayers and out I went. Dad knew he might as well follow or I would try to figure it out and really kill the car. I got the fuse cover off and he said to take out the fuse for the fuel injector so I figured out which one it is and I broke a nail trying to get it out, I was getting really frustrated. So, Dad decided he would take it out and he couldn't get it out either so he was going to find something to get it out and I was still talking about what I had read on the net and he finally said get out, and so I would SHUT UP about it he got in and did what I was trying to do and guess what. You are so right, my car started. LOL. It was flooded out. So I did a little WOMEN RULE dance and had a great laugh because everyone was trying to make me out to be a fool and I knew what I was talking about. My stupid uncle even got smart with me about it being because I don't keep enough gas in my car, I'm not a freaking paranoid idiot. So I'm very happy.

What happens for some reason with Nissan Altima's, they had told me if I sit and warm my car up for at least a minute before I take off I would get better gas mileage, something to do with the oil, I'm a statistics fanatic, I love numbers and graphes and such, so my car will tell me all kinds of cool stuff, as most cars do now days. I love how it gives me miles per gallon and I enjoy trying to beat the most miles I've gotten so far. So of course I've been sitting and letting the car warm up first.

Well, it's a smart thing to do for Altima owners. In Altimas 2002-2006 (mines an 06) if you start the car and then kill in and it doesn't run for more than a minute the oil doesn't have time to warm up and being thick from the cold somehow, I don't understand, but it floods out the car and you have to follow the steps to blow it out.

Altima's are strange cars, actually Nissans in general. My heat and a/c works great moving but if I stopped at a redlight it would blow cold air if I had the heat on and hot air if the a/c was on. My brother had the same problem with his Pathfinder which is in that same year span. Come to find out a bubble gets in some pipe/tube, whatever, and causes that. You have to park on an incline and do something and it fixes it. So our heat and a/c's work great now. LOL.

Now I have this "clunk" under the hood it sounds like and guess what there are hundreds of Altima owners out there with the same "clunk" there are 2 things to cause it and my car will soon hopefully be "clunk" free. LOL.

So my car is well and I'm so proud to have figured out the problem!!! Tell me girls can't figure it out. I am soon going to have to change the brakes again. Last time Dad sat out there and walked me through it, but I'm thinking perhaps I should try to fly solo this time. LOL, I love showing the guys I can do it also, it's my Weatherford blood, LOL, if a guy can do it so can I. LOL,I think it's called femanatzi's. LOL. I can't help the fact I have a family of strong women, the bad part is when they collapse they really collapse.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Doing the happy dance with ya!!!

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...