Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Thought It Was All Good

But since at 2am I was told I was "such a very selfish person, the most selfish person I've ever known" I guess it wasn't. Hmmm, that's funny all because I would not give up my bedroom to a guest??? Because I wasn't sleeping on a couch when everyone got home at 1:30am this morning. So I was goaded and awakened over and over. It was my "punishment" I guess. I get so tired of fighting. But today I didn't feel any guilt just a twinge of a feeling that says once again I can't measure up to what my Mom wants me to be. Today it's not guilt it's something different, I would say maybe failure. I had already let her know I would not give up my room, the guest could stay with me but I will never again be giving up my room unless it is my choice. Somtimes I wonder why I have to deal with this over and over and over again. I try to push it away but it doesn't always go so easy. Sigh, I have to wonder again why my life has been like this.

I won't bore you, blog, with the details, just know that at 3am when I was being royally griped out and informed the least I could do was take my Dad to work something inside felt dead. I have offered over and over to take my Dad to work if I needed to. The offer is usually turned down and it doesnt' matter to me. Just let me know so I can get ready earlier because I have to leave 30 min earlier to take him but I don't mind. I have offered several times, but then to be verbally attacked by the phrase "it's the least you can do". You know what? I don't HAVE to do anything! I'm 32 and paying my own way through life.

I looked it up online to see what proper ettiquette is for overnight guests. No where did I see where I am supposed to give up my personal space. That is my private space and no one respects that. Sorry, I'm just a little hurt and angry right now. I can't understand why???

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...