Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Frustrated!!!

OK, the horse is having foot issues. Stepped on something and we got it out but he is still limping pretty good. Hoof guy is coming out tomorrow to clean and trim his hooves, doctor up the hurt foot and wrap it. So hopefully that will get Rowdy on his way to good health.

Ok, we have enough drama without adding to it. Yesterday Bethany found a turtle in the road and brought it home. They fixed it a cage area and put him in it. I thought then, he won't stay. I had the same thing a HUGE turtle and put in the backyard when I was a kid and the next day he was GONE!!!. Sure enough today the turtle is missing everyone is in a tizzy about where he went and how he got away. LOL. I wasn't shocked.

We've lost 2 kittens that the strays had. We think the stray dogs are getting them. What do you do? I endured taking strays the the Humane Society once and was treated like I was a horrible person for bringing them in. I though I was doing the right thing getting the dogs off the street. No, I was treated bad because I felt sorry for the dogs and was petting them. I was so angry at the way the staff acted. They were going on about how the dogs were sick, no they weren't. Oh, I need to stop now before I get mad all over again.

I guess that is life on a farm. You have the good times of happiness and fun, then you have alot of heartache and death. It's making me tougher for sure. Since we moved out here we have lost a cat, now 2 kittens, 2 roosters and a hen. that's quite a lot. Carmello is on her last leg at the age of 21. LOL. Oldest cat I've ever owned. She was born outside but her Momma left her because she had a sticker in her side. So she has lived inside ever since. Very sweet kitty.

Life goes on and on. Life on a farm is still good. LOL. Gotta love all my babies!!!

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...