Thursday, June 25, 2009

Take Two by Karen Kingsbury

I am a huge Karen Kingsbury fan!!! I love everything she writes. I purchased Take Two tonight. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to find some reading time.

She is now known as the Queen of Christian Fiction. I saw an interview she did with NBC tonight on YouTube and she commented on how she always wanted to write emotional fiction. She wants to write stories people can relate too. This is the reason her stories don't always have a happy ending and sometimes babies die or kids are abused. She writes real life stories. She has Ashley Baxter Blake's baby girl die and she said the letters she got from couples giving her their story and thanking for for writing about such an issue and showign that even through the tragedy and hurt you can still find strength. I'm thinking about rereading her books and using the Study Guide type thing in the back and writing a blog about each one. I enjoy reading books or singing songs that I can relate to in my everyday life.

Books or songs that speak of the hurt, pain or loss and yet also show the triumph after the battle. So I'm a life-long fan. I enjoyed the book she wrote that basically told of her brothers life. Very powerful story. I can't remember the title right now, laying here half asleep.

She said every book is "someones story". Not that each story is based on a certain person, just that each story is real life and someone somewhere will relate to the story and go "that is me". I like the fact she isn't afraid to deal with difficult issues and it makes me think. She has a God given talent.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...