Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Out There

Ok, the temp thingy is reading 19 degrees. Brrrr. I believe it, I just came in from the feeding all my animals. It's really 19 degrees, I wore my jamma bottoms layered with my rubber boots and HUGE coat and gloves and it STILL felt like 19 degrees. LOL. We have a frozen chicken, but since the rabbit is inside we stuck the frozen chicken in the rabbit cage where she is forced into shelter. LOL.

I'm proud of my boy, Rowdy-Mator stayed in his barn last night so he is less iced over than yesterday afternoon. This morning he was out trying to run laps. When I look out our back door there is a wooden fence between him and me and all I ever see is his bangs flapping. You know he's out and about when you see his bangs. Just a weird tidbit. He kind of wanted to leave the yard with me and I explained that since I was headed back in the house he couldn't come with me, he was pretty sure he could.

The goats were fine, they make their babies stay in most of the time. So they are smart, of course Lexi and Tiny Tim wanted to come with their Mommy but I said no. I would but the extreme changes in weather could give them pnuemonia. I do not want that, I would die if I started losing my babies. I was really worried about going out this morning because it was so cold and iced, I was scared I might have lost something but everything seemed fine, just the goat side chickens and Roo are iced over but under their stiff iced feathers are dry so I guess they will be OK, Roo Roo was out and about strutting his stuff, he's nice so far. But one chicken (maybe a small Roo???) would rather attack me than look at me. It's so onry, it's not everyone just me. What gives? I'm the one that feeds you, LOL.

Well, It's nice and iced over out there. Like even the street is solid white, it reminds me of one year when I visited Misty in Kansas and it started snowing really bad so I decided to venture out and head south, get closer to home. Kansas is crazy it snows like 3 feet and they scoop it to the side and the roads are clear. The driving is almost normal because they can bulldoze their roads. I got to Kansas and was headed to visit Brad and Lorinda. I was driving a Mitsubishi Montero Limited, it was the DREAM vehicle, my brother had wrecked my car 2x and the city truck that hit it last covered the rental. So I was in Heaven driving that thing. I'm glad I was in it, I hit about 30 minutes outside of Sand Springs and the road was WHITE, the was a valley on one side and the road was hit downhill, I was terrified, never driven in snow or ice in my LIFE. I literally got in line with a million bigrigs and followed their very slow trek down. I have never in my life been so scared, well maybe when I have to drive in rain storms. But I was barely creeping in that line of trucks and I was watching cars and pickups go over the side over and over. Get to the major highway and traffic had worn down the dead center of the highway and you just got in that groove and went, there was no stopping I finally got to my hotel and SLID in. I checked in and asked if there was a store or food nearby I was starving. NOPE. I survived that evening and night on Little Debbie snacks that is all the hotel had. It was horrible. The next morning I was feeling braver so I crept over to Lorinda's and had breakfast then went back to my hotel to await church time, made it to the church and back to the hotel. LOL. I rode with them the rest of the time, I had an extra day and a half vacation because NO ONE was leaving the Tulsa area. I was so proud of myself though for making it and not falling apart. It's in times like that you learn how strong you are. When obstacles are put in front of you that are your worst fears and you either face them or fall apart. I did it. Now don't ask me to volunteer to do it again, I've been in too many ditches in rain and ice with my Dad.

If the ground is wet I will drive but I'll fight anxiety and panic attacks until I reach my destination. I'm better than I used to be, I used to have to use an inhaler because of the attacks, now I just deep breath and give the steering wheel a death grip. LOL.

It's icy so it brings the memories of my experiences on ice, perhaps I should write about my experiences with water. LOL.

Headed to help Mom cook breakfast, since this is a ice day we are laying aside diets and having fried eggs and bacon, yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...