Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Talk About Being Behind

So, the last post I had on here was in 2005. LOL, those are GONE and I'm starting over. I usually blog elsewhere but came here to set up my blog for Chelsea's website. I was so surprised at how long it had been since I posted. Oh well, life is busy and I feel busier than that. LOL.

So I'm loving my farm!!! My goats are too precious and I've about gotten them all tame, Hill Billy is taking some work but the girls are good. I've got three girls, Oreo (which may be expecting), Molly B and her 6 month old baby girl Sarah Jayne. I love just going out and playing with them, they are so fun and sweet. I wonder around the yard feeding the birds and such and the goats are right on my heels like little puppy dogs. Molly would love to live IN the house. LOL.

The big girls are my hens, I have 4 of them right now and then I have a baby and we think 2 rooster which are still pretty small, I call them teenagers, they are fighting already so one is going to have to find a new home. Sad but necessary!!!!

Then we have the Silkies, which are chickens that look like they are furry and they are beautiful. I have bearded white, buff, black, blue and grey. they are very pretty birds and they are laying to beat the band!!! We are hoping this time around our momma's will know how to raise the babies, the first time around we lost babies.

Then I have 4 beautiful (NOT) guineas. They have got to be one of the UGLIEST birds ever. But protective they have down to a fine art and they protect all my babies in the yard. One of Stephanies little bitty dogs got after Lucy and the guineas went crazy, I mean the whole city of Venus knew Knothead and her crew were MAD about something and sure enough we got out there just in time to save Lucy. So guineas are truly natures watchdog and they are scared of nothing. At first they didn't like me either. LOL. I'd head in the cages and pens and knothead would go CRAZY. Now she tolerates me, and I have no idea if she is really a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...