Thursday, September 25, 2008

Camping Trip





Growing up we always went camping with my best friends family. I can't remember family vacation without the Reames. Well, in 8 years we have not really gone camping. We had broken down and started going back to Beavers Bend Resort Park which is like living in houses on the river, has a/c and all of that. Really a great place to vacation. But as for state park camping which we did once each year we have gone. Just wasn't the same. But last weekend everything changed. We went camping and the Reames joined us. It was like old times minus Misty which has married and moved to Kansas. But we had such a good time. Dusty brought his kayak and we all fished and talked and just reaquainted ourselves. God is good because when the devil caused things that tore our families apart, God said, you know what? I'm going to make everything new and he brought healing to the situation. Personally I'm going to go hear Dusty preach soon. I always knew he would make something of his life.

Next October we are all going back to Beavers Bend and Misty's family is going to join us also. God is really really awesome. Misty and I have been blessed to remain friends all these years but we've missed her family. So glad we are all back together. I never dreamed it would ever happen. I feel like a great big hole in my heart has been filled again.

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...