Monday, August 31, 2009

Ranchin'

Ok, so to officially be a ranch you have to have 25 head of cattle. I don't even own 1 head of cattle. However, I think the goose, 4 goats and horse are onry as 25 head of cattle. LOL.

So I've been going on and on about adding a fenced in area where there is grass so I can let the animals out to graze sometimes. Well, Rowdy has been in a horrible mood, like really really bad mood. He wants out of his yard. So I put his lead and harness thingy on and let him graze but I have to stay right there. Sooooo, we got to talking Saturday and decided, you know what? Let's just buy the posts and put it up. So I bought 8 metal posts and a neighbor (builds houses in our area) gave me a bunch of hog fencing. So we put up posts (Yes, even I had a hammer and I have the sore muscles and hands to prove it. LOL) and tied the fencing up and though it's not as secure as it needs to be for the goats, it's perfect for Rowdy and I'm so proud!!! The goats have not pushed their limits yet, hopefully having the grass to eat in small doses, they will be so happy to have grass they don't try to escape. My experience with my girls is that they only try to push the fence limits when they don't have green grass and there is some just outside the fence. LOL.

Dad is doing better. He goes Wednesday to the surgeon to schedule for his dialysis port. Then September 15th he goes for his other eye surgery!!! He officially starts driving again tomorrow!!! Thank You Jesus. LOL.

So Last night I went to Chuck's Pawpaw's viewing. He seemed like such a nice man and obviously he was. The chapel was packed!!! I told Ruby, it makes you think if I died tomorrow what would the viewing look like? Would I be that loved? You know you go through life and realize no one notices you missing and you wonder do I make a ripple in this big pond called life?? I have to wonder.

Last night I also got to watch Tim preach at The Rock Church. They had what my grandparents called a Holy Ghost Hoedown!!! Tim preached about Celebrating and it was great!! I had tears in my eyes watching the alter call. Where are those services? Where is the Power? I go visit places and there it is, but how do you find it? Mom and I were talking about how it seems we are asleep. Perhaps I am, would not doubt it but there is a stirring deep inside and I'm longing for something I can't find. I'm searching, longing for a relationship with a Creator that will heal me, cleanse me, love me.

Where is it? The Power

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...