Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Holidays are Upon Us...

I’m so excited to be entering into the Holiday Season!!! I love Thanksgiving and Christmas time of year, it’s cool/cold outside and I get such good sleep. I enjoy the food, it’s the only time you have to make that many decisions on what to eat. I don’t plan on killing my diet but I do plan to enjoy myself. LOL.

Our family is doing something different this year. We are doing potluck and you bring food that YOU like, so Shawna and I are doing Italian, and we are very excited. LOL. Then we are going to do homemade gifts, I’m thinking baked goods, OR like a Christmas relaxing time basket, to include snacks for in front of the DVD player, LOL, with mugs, hot chocolate and marshmellows, etc. LOL.

It really sucks though being single at this time of year. I love exchanging gifts, the not knowing and trying to find the perfect gift. People with families don’t want to or can’t really do the whole gift thing because they have kids and families etc. But it really makes Christmas lonely and sad. I love the hustle and bustle but wish Christmas Day was a little more fun for me. Most of the time singleness isn’t so bad, you can work or play and forget the pain of it all, but then families segment off and you remember just how lonely being single is. I hate “family” situations where I’m left standing alone, it’s actually pretty cruel and people don’t realize it.

OK, on to something else, I’m working on changing and have already made changes in that area of my life. So happy thoughts please. LOL

I have a few ideas for gifts. I’m so excited!! Thanksgiving will be different this year, we always trade out years, one year is Mom’s side of the family and the next year is Dad’s side of the family. This year is the year for Dad’s side and Nanny is making rumblings that she ain’t gonna feel like going. So it may just be the 4 of us. Mom isn’t wanting to cook so she mentioned going out to eat. I hate that… So un-holiday feeling. Sometimes I think the older you get the more joy that gets sucked out of life. You don’t have those moments to share special times/people with.

So maybe I’ll do Thanksgiving this year… Cook it myself. Hmmm, idea. I wish my Mom would slow down in life so she would feel the energy and joy of holidays again. It used to be fun and now she wants to just skip it.

I am considering doing baked goods and giving them to a lot of people though, I have some cute ideas in my head. So I thought if I work them out and get it all together that would be so much fun!!! I love giving gifts and it does help a little bit because it gives you a reason to keep going.

I think I need to work on ways to find Joy for myself. I’ve got to get past what my family does or they will drag me down too. I intend on finding and keeping the mystery and magic of the Holidays!!!

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...