Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Good Day

Well, today was a good day, after a shaky start ended up a good day. God came through and worked out what could have been a disaster in our lives and made it all OK. Then we got a letter from CPS, they dismissed all charges ("someone" turned Teresa in on a bunch of phony charges) said there was no sign at all of anything. They will not be out again unless you-know-who decides to be a butt again. The thanksgiving dinner at church went good. We served 150ish people in under 30 minutes. That isn't bad. It was so much fun, we made new friends and got to know others better. I was pleased with the way it all went. Renewed that little dream I used to have of having a event planning service. Sigh, but is the sore muscles worth it?? LOL.

Thanksgiving was awesome!!! Just our little group at Chantry's place. Mom, Dad, Nanny, Teresa, Katy, Chantry, Tiffany, Gavin, Allyson, Landon and me. I went early and spent the whole day, we had a good time cooking and laughing. The kiddos "helped" me out with buttering the pans for the rolls and all. Then we shared a whole jar of marschino cherries!!! Then the kids drank the juice. We had a laugh at Gavin when at 8pm Chantry gave him a glass of Pepsi and Gavin goes "I like Thanksgiving it's a good day". He liked staying up late drinking all you can drink soda's and desserts. LOL. Tiffany and I played American Idol, Guitar Hero and Beatles Band on the Wii, while the guys watched football, BORING... Stephanie and Robert came out late evening. Then we played Beatles with Chantry, hooked up both guitars, drums and all 3 mics and had a great time. Didn't leave until after 1am. I have to agree with Gavin, it was a good day.

Yesterday we shopped preparing for Christmas parties. Today was another good day. I spent most of the day holed up in my room, I scrubbed every inch of the bathroom, did laundry and then organized my books and DVD's. Everything looks so nice and smells good. Got Spooch outside on the end of the house, Hayleigh and Delaynie are locked in the backyard now all the time!!! Can I say it again? It's been a good day.

I had my iPod going with my favorite tunes and I felt so much happiness and peace. Awesome!!!

No comments:

Goodbye 2023 and Hello 2024

  All the posts on what this year will hopefully bring and the blessings from the past year. I'm not willing to discuss the last year an...